Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Redvember 11 - The Symbol for One!


I was conflicted as Remembrance Day approaches. It's a day to reflect on those who fought their lives in the World Wars so that the axis of evil won't rule the world. they fought for our freedom, but it couldn't be my own?

I'm a black man living on Ontario, Canada. I'm pretty sure the racial divide during both Wars at that time frame was no different than it is today (no matter how anyone will say otherwise). the idea that the countries of Canada, U.S.A and England were fighting for the freedom of all just didn't sit right with me because they wouldn't give a damn about a black man or woman. Why would I feel the need to honor them for fighting for our freedom when to this date I am not actually free? What is the real meaning of celebrating those who fight and died to stop Hitler's plan for World Dominance with his Nazi forces when his philosophies were already used in America and Canada during that time, and still used to this day?

Am I not appreciative of the Veterans (what little are left unfortunately) for the sacrifices they made when they first set foot on Ridge, the battle of Normandy and the other countless bloodshed battles or warriors who risked it all to stop a terrible threat? Yes I so very much am.

I wonder if they would care if I apercatie them?

I wondered if they fought for me?

For us?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home