Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Book Sketching (For Me!) Day Four



First. I place shapes on the panels I made to match the ones on the original I'm working on. I find it easier to draw the characters proportional correct that way. After that, I quickly draw stick men and if I can, sketch in objects that will identify the placement even more. This is all done using a light blue col erase pencil.




Second. I rough out the outlines of the characters and objects that I think stand out the most, while trying to stay true with the sample page. I am using the same Col Erase, but this time it's violet.




Normally the third step would be the inking, but I was getting tired and my mind started to wander. I penciled this instead so it will be easier to ink when the time comes (and OH YES! There will be INK).

I used a basic school 2b pencil, and a mechanical pencil for the small details.




Then Finally I ink over the two panels using a regular black pen (o.7). I left the pencil sketching just too show how I got from step one to step three (3.5).


And to conclude. Here's a side by side of the original and the book sketch that I did.



Ultimate Fantastic Four Volume 8 (Annual #2) Illustrated by the very talented Stuart Immonem.


Later! [^^]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home